5.15.2002

Robert Fisk is frightened, oh my:

Why does John Malkovich want to kill me?

There was always, in the past, a limit to this hatred. Letters would be signed with the writer's address. Or if not, they would be so-ill-written as to be illegible. Not any more. In 26 years in the Middle East, I have never read so many vile and intimidating messages addressed to me. Many now demand my death. And last week, the Hollywood actor John Malkovich did just that, telling the Cambridge Union that he would like to shoot me.
I think he needs to lighten up a bit. After all, Malkovich was responding to the question of who he would like to fight to the death with. If Malkovich's answer is so appalling, the question is even more so. Of course the question was asked with tongue firmly pressed in cheek, so the answer should be remain in context.

Besides, what about all the Hollywood stars who wanted to murder conservatives during the Clinton dynasty? Oh, sorry, forgot; those are correct targets!

No comments: