5.21.2002

Oh, nostalgia!

Salon.com Arts & Entertainment | "Hardware Wars": The movie, the legend, the household appliances

An obscure Bay Area filmmaker launched an empire in 1977. No, not that one. Fluke Starbucker, Oggie Ben Doggie, Ham Salad and Princess Anne-Droid are back in a "special edition" of the original Lucas spoof.
Hey, my past comes to life! I shot the animation and optical masks. Insane and nutty animation. I didn't get a personal credit; it was my dad's company, after all. I can't remember if we're in the credits at all, but if we are you'll see Stop-Frame, Inc. in there. (My dad was theBob Hovorka; I'm the pale imitation known as Jr.)

Obviously, we're off to the stores in search of this DVD. I might have to hunt down the unauthorized Special Edition, too. Sing it with me! (To the tune of "Okie From Miskogee", or however the hell it's spelled.)

"I'm proud to be an Obi Wan Kenobi...."

No comments: