5.13.2002

Glenn Reynolds noted this guest column from Alan Dershowitz, someone who normally makes my skin crawl. However, this column illustrates that even an enemy can teach you a thing or two:

Chomsky’s Immoral Divestiture Petition

Who is Noam Chomsky and why is he seeking to compel universities to divest from corporations that have ties to Israel? I have known Noam Chomsky for more than thirty years. I have debated him on numerous occasions, and I have written extensively about his zealous anti-Zionism and his flirtations with neo-Nazi revisionism and Holocaust denial. I was not surprised therefore to learn that he is the inspiration behind the foolish and immoral campaign for divestiture.
He then cites specific Chomsky encounters that illustrate Chomsky's true goals in demanding MIT (and other universities) divest themselves of any investments in Israel.

No comments: