9.20.2002

McGeorge



I have completed my fourth week of law school. I now completely understand the tagline for "Who's Harry Crumb": Nerves of steel. Body of iron. Brain of stone.

I am convinced that I have a brain of stone.

Contracts is relatively easy, thus avoiding the entire "Paper Chase" scenario (tagline = "You have to choose between the girl you love and the diploma you've worked for all your life. You have 30 seconds."). Unfortunately, in my world Mr. Kingsfield teaches Torts. He's much more polite and humorous, but the assault is much the same. I believe they call it the Socratic method of instruction. It feels more like the Inquisition. I swear, first time that Gatling gun of questioning was turned on me I turned into Porky Pig: "Ah bu duh blb guh."

Wonderful impression.

Ah, but it is a challenge, is it not? And at the other end I'll be rich and famous and a total puddle of goo. The only thing that cheers me up are the looks of total panic on the other 110 faces in class. Ha, I am not alone!

No comments: