12.29.2006

Living in exile

Yeah, it's a minor gripe when compared to all the other crap in the world, but I've long thought I'm currently living in exile in the Sacramento region. I was born and raised in San Francisco, you see, and even after 20+ years I've not adapted to this alien valley existence.

Prime examples are that I have to wait another week to see Children of Men, which doesn't open until January 5, 2007, in Sacramento. And though today is the official opening day for Pan's Labyrinth, good luck in figuring out when it might pop up in my neck of the woods. Near as I can find out, "sometime in January 2007."

There aren't a lot of films that I care to go see at the theatre, but these were the top two for 2006. Now I have to wait until 2007. Days away, sure, but I told you up front, this is a minor (if annoying) gripe.

No comments: