10.06.2003

Kill Bill



I sooooo want to see this film....

'Kill Bill' hatched from 'little egg' / Tarantino's two-part saga pays homage to Hong Kong actioners

"As usual, Quentin was trying in vain to educate me about cinema and going on about the great roles that existed in genre filmmaking for women," [Uma] Thurman says. "I told him I had this idea about a character -- she's an assassin -- and we went back and forth, and Quentin goes, 'Yes! and the guy at the head of it all, his name is Bill! He's a pimp for assassins! He is the ultimate agent, the Mike Ovitz of assassins! He's the bad guy and the movie's called 'Kill Bill!'

"And right between us, in that conversation, this little egg was formed."
I don't think I've seen a single film this year that I had on my "must see" list. And I had some dogs on that list, too. I even managed to miss The Matrix Reloaded, which is strangely appropriate because the first time I saw The Matrix was on DVD.

I any event, I need to see Kill Bill on the big screen, the whole gory enchilada!

Obviously, to get in the mood I must review some masters of screen violence. Or, more correctly, The Master, starting with The Wild Bunch.

No comments: