3.12.2002

Did you hear the news? She's guilty! I know that's shocking to many, but was there ever any doubt that she did the deed? She confessed! Even her defense attorney(s) say she did it. That was never an issue.

Now, on with the penalty phase. Death would be nice. Yes, I support the death penalty because it so many crimes it's the only rational response. Yes, she's insane; all the more reason. I don't understand how it's "humane" to lock her up for the rest of her life.

There's also the matter of safety, even of the inmates she'll be locked up with. She killed her own children. How much hesitation will she demonstrate toward a stranger?

In national news, CNN reports on Bush's plans for the use of nuclear weapons. I know this may be shocking to many, but everyone plans for everything. I am sure that in some deep, dark pocket of the Pentagon you will find plans for the US invasion of England for the purpose of liberating Ireland. And I'm sure that somewhere within the British Ministry of Defense you'll find plans on retaking the Thirteen Colonies. Happens all the time.

No, what I find appalling is that this was a classified report that was shown to Congress. Now, voila, it's in the news. Can those magnificent loons we elect ever keep their yaps shut? I think not!

No comments: